Thu, Feb 02|
Wheel of the Year: Intro to Seasonal Living
The Celtic Wheel of the Year is a helpful map for seasonal living. Align your life to nature's wisdom by orienting yourself to seasonal themes related to nature's movements and cyclical patterns.
Time & Location
Feb 02, 2023, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
About the Program
The Wheel of the Year is an annual nature-based calendar rooted in a Celtic cosmology. Think of it as a helpful map that supports you to orient your life to the wisdom of the seasons.
This map is illustrated by a circle and is divided into eight equal sections. Each section is associated with one of the eight Celtic seasonal festivals (also known as Sabbaths or holy days).
Every season brings with it natural laws, archetypal messages, symbolic associations, energetic invitations and challenges that support you to live natures wisdom and stay attuned to natural laws associated with ongoing change.
This two hour mini course is an interactive introduction to the Wheel of the Year. You will be guided through a process of drawing your own map/wheel as we make our way through the content.
You will learn about:
- The lineage of the Wheel of the Year
- The two celebration cycles that make up the eight sections of the wheel
- The relationship between light and dark based on earth's rotation around the sun
- The eight seasonal holy days and their directional correspondences
- Themes, symbols and qualities associated with each direction
What you will need:
- Pencil & eraser
- Blank piece of paper (if you have a large one, even better)
- Coloring pencils, pens, etc. (optional)
- Ticket type
Early BirdPrice$30.00Sale ended
- Ticket type