Sun, Jan 22|
Birding is a popular hobby for nature enthusiasts, and the name means exactly what it says: going outside to enjoy watching birds. But birding isn't just about watching, it's also about listening with our whole bodies and that's exactly what we will be doing in our intuitive birding series.
Time & Location
Jan 22, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Mebane, 1021 N Frazier Rd, Mebane, NC 27302, USA
About the Program
Birding is a popular hobby for nature enthusiasts, and the name means exactly what it says: going outside to enjoy watching birds. But birding isn't just about watching, it's also about listening - with our whole body and being.
Intuitive Birding is a unique birding experience that brings participants out of the thinking mind and into the felt experience of the body. This series weaves together mindfulness, somatics and creative exploration. Intuitive Birding is more than just looking for and naming birds, it's about sensing our relationship to place by attuning to birds and their relationship to one another and the landscape.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please come dressed for comfort suited to weather conditions
- Journal, pen and coloring pencils
- Chair for sitting
- Drinking water
- Binoculars *if you have them*
- Walking stick if necessary
- Bug repellant
- Sun screen
ACCESSIBILITY / LOCATION NOTES:
- Gravel roads and mowed grassy area for parking
- Meeting in the grass under the Grandmother Oak Tree
- Trails: natural surface trails include mowed grass trails along the fields and narrow foot paths through the forests with occasional rocks and roots
- Rest rooms: outdoor privy / not wheelchair accessible
A NOTE ON COVID-19
- Out of respect for one another, we ask that all attendees come prepared to honor social distancing guidelines with masks as optional.
We strive to be diverse, intergenerational and accessible people of all walks of life. Please contact us when you'll be attending with children or when accessibility is a concern so that we can be as accommodating as possible.