Sun, Jun 18|
Forest Temple: Summer Solstice
The Summer Solstice is a moment in the arc of the seasons when we experience the longest day and shortest night. It is also marks the return of the dark. The energy of Summer Solstice is creative, playful, and initiates you into the heights of fulfillment and inner expansion.
Time & Location
Jun 18, 2023, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Mebane, 1625 Ben Jones Dr, Mebane, NC 27302, USA
About the Program
The Summer Solstice is a point of polarity in the wheel of the year which marks the longest day and shortest night. Thus we honor this holy moment as a threshold crossing, leading us from one state of being into another. From here on out the days will shorten as the pendulum swings back toward darkness.
THIS GATHERING WILL COMBINE ELEMENTS OF:
- Connecting with one another
- Sharing seasonal reflections & Insights
- Earth connection & playful exploration
- Bonfire and/or pond dip
WHAT TO BRING:
- chair or blanket to sit on
- water to keep you hydrated
- appropriate clothing for buggy weather (like ticks)
- bug spray
- a reading, activity or game to share
- journal and/or artmaking supplies
- bathing suit & towel for anyone who wants to do an evening dip in the pond
ACCESSIBILITY / LOCATION NOTES:
- Gravel roads and mowed grassy area for parking
- Meeting at the Nest in the grass
- Rest rooms: indoor / not wheelchair accessible
A NOTE ON COVID-19
Out of respect for one another, we ask that all attendees come prepared to mask as optional. If you are under the weather please opt to stay home so as to keep everyone safe.
We strive to be diverse, intergenerational and accessible to people of all walks of life. Please contact us when you'll be attending with children or when accessibility is a concern so that we can be as accommodating as possible.
- Ticket type
Pay what you can afford
This is a donation based offering. All proceeds will be donated to 7 Directions of Service, a local Indigenous-led regional grassroots mobilization organization. Suggested price: $0-$30PricePay what you want