Sun, Jul 31|
Common Ground Ecovillage
Forest Temple: Mid-Summer / Lughnasadh
Lughnasadh marks the midpoint of the summer half of the year between May and November and is the first of the three autumn months. In early Ireland it marked the beginning of harvest season. Here in NC we take this opportunity to celebrate abundance and to show our infinite gratitude to Mother Earth
Time & Location
Jul 31, 2022, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Common Ground Ecovillage, 1021 N Frazier Rd, Mebane, NC 27302, USA
About the Program
Our seasonal celebrations weave together nature-connection practices; reflection, contemplation, prayer; ritual & play; eco-craft-making; music, song & dance; land tending & stewardship; and ancestral animism. The nature of how we gather is ever-evolving and follows the changing tides of the seasons. So we learn to pay attention to the way that Earth speaks to us, sings to us, whispers to us. We are guided by Earth wisdom as we deepen our relationship to Her, so everything we do is centered around cultivating this bond.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- 3-3:30 welcome & introductions
- 3:30-4 seasonal sharing
- 4-4:30 nature connection
- 4:30-5 harvest and closing
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring your songs and your voice, your percussion instruments and sound-makers!
- Please dress for the weather and whatever you will feel most comfortable in. If you want to prevent bug bites, long clothing and close toed shoes are encouraged.
- Drinking water
- Chair for sitting
- Walking stick if necessary
- Bug repellant
- Sun screen
ACCESSIBILITY / LOCATION NOTES:
- Gravel roads and mowed grassy area for parking
- Meeting in the grass under the Grandmother Oak Tree, right beside parking
- Area where we gather is mostly flat but grassy, shade is available under the tree
- Rest rooms: outdoor privy / not wheelchair accessible
A NOTE ON COVID-19
Out of respect for one another, we ask that all attendees come prepared to honor social distancing guidelines with masks as optional.
All are welcome and respected at Forest Temple gatherings. We strive to be diverse, intergenerational and accessible people of all walks of life. Please contact us when you'll be attending with children or when accessibility is a concern so that we can be as accommodating as possible.